Content & Community Manager
We’re looking for a content creator, editor, community manager, and strategist all in one. Help us hone our voice and presence across social media and in our communities! We’re looking for someone whose strength is using language as a growth tool, and who also has a deep passion for equity and anti-racism (and preferably experience in the food and wellness industry).
This contract hourly position will start at 4+ hours per week. It can be structured either as a volunteer or paid position. Volunteer hours can be counted as in kind donations to the mission of the Collective.
Background & mission: The Food + Wellness Equity Collective launched in July 2020. We are a diverse group of content creators and entrepreneurs committed to being change agents for equity, diversity and anti-racism in the food and wellness industry. Through our work, we are changing the face of food & wellness so it’s accessible to and reflective of all people.
We are seeking someone proficient in communications and social media strategy. Weekly and monthly tasks would include:
- Create content for social media and post 2 to 3 times per week
- Help to devise social strategy and develop consistent professional voice
- Create content for monthly and bi-weekly newsletter blasts
- Review and approve member applications
- Provide communication support for events: writing event descriptions and titles, communicating with panelists, etc.
- Support content creation for website: blog posts and pages
- Post prompting questions and helping to create engagement in our Slack and Facebook communities
- Provide graphics support in Canva as needed
- Draft and send other communications to Founding Members, Advisors Team, etc
- Other tasks as directed by co-founders Yoli Ouiya and Sonja Overhiser
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.